Thomas E. Scott, Esq.
(631)673-6670 Extension 112
Tom is of counsel to our firm. He began his legal career as an Assistant District Attorney, where he investigated and prosecuted organized crime, official corruption and major felony offenses. He was appointed Acting Chief of the Integrity Bureau and was cross-designated as a Special Assistant United States Attorney. Tom was the lead Assistant District Attorney in a state and federal corruption investigation that resulted in the conviction of a New York City Commissioner.
Representative Recent Cases:
- Defense of $20 million dollars claim for damages arising from the collapse of a retaining wall onto the West Side Highway, in New York City.
- Defense of $19 million dollars collapse of a parking garage in lower Manhattan.
- Defense of a $7 million dollar claim for hail damage to 92 roofs in Albany, New York.
- Defense of an over half million dollar claim arising out of the destruction of an organ during the renovation of a church.
- Defense of municipal water supply company for alleged failure to provide sufficient pressure to hydrants resulting in the Fire Departments inability to control a house fire.
- Action by Venture Capital Consulting Firm against a software company to recover sales commissions.
- Defense of action by former employee of wholesale meat distributor alleging conversion of his interest in the company and seeking an accounting.
- Defense of sales manager of high tech software company in action for preliminary injunction to prevent him from taking contracts to a new employer in competition with the plaintiff.
- Attorneys' malpractice action against counsel that represented the buyer and seller of residential property thereby jeopardizing the life estate of the seller.